Dr. Sonali Gautam - Colonoscopy Doctor in Navi Mumbai
What is a colonoscopy?
Dr. Sonali Gautam, a skilled colonoscopy specialist in Navi Mumbai, employs a slender, flexible tube, approximately the width of a finger, to meticulously examine the interior lining of your large intestine (colon). With the aid of a specialized instrument known as a colonoscope, equipped with its own lens and illumination source, Dr. Sonali Gautam can visualize detailed images on a video monitor while gently inserting the device through your anus, progressing through the rectum and into the colon.
Why is colonoscopy recommended?
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits.
- Bleeding from the back passage.
- Weight loss.
- Chronic constipation or chronic diarrhoea.
- History of polyps.
- Screening for cancer.
What preparations are required?
- Dietary Restrictions
- Cleansing Solution (to be taken over 1-2 Hours)
- The colon must be completely clean for the procedure to be accurate and comprehensive, so be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
Can I take my current medications?
- Most medications can be continued as usual, but some medications can interfere with the preparation or the examination.Inform about Medication you’re taking
- Heart Diseases
What happens during colonoscopy?
In some cases, the doctor cannot pass the colonoscope through the entire colon to where it meets the small intestine. Your doctor will advise you whether any additional testing is necessary.
What happens after a colonoscopy?
You will be monitored until most of the effects of the sedatives have worn off. You might have some cramping or bloating because of the air introduced into the colon during the examination. This should disappear quickly when you pass gas. Your physician will explain the results of the examination to you.
- Reaction to Sedatives
- Fever and Chills
- Address Unit No. 1, 1st Floor, Someshwar CHS Ltd., Sector No. 8, Airoli, Navi Mumbai 400 708
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +91 93262 99813